2.8.07

Entry 1: Concerning Childhood and Earth

My name is Amelia Cartwright. I am a survivor.

I was born to Major John Cartwright and Sergeant Mary Cartwright. My place of birth was Corpus Christie, Texas. The date? August 5, 6 BX or for more traditionalists 2213 AD. Deep space travel had just been discovered, and so had the hyper-thruster that we take advantage of now.

The world was at Peace for the most part. We had found a way to preserve our ecosystem, and conserve our natural resources. We also colonized the moon. It was a big step for our people.

Little did I know, that on my day of birth, there was a Professor from England flying towards an unknown planet near our little solar system. But we will get to the repercussions of that at a later time.

As for World Peace, under England and United States, the world united in a United Countries of the Earth. In which there was one leader from a country elected to a six year term. Underneath him, there were two representatives from each country.

Ultimately they held more power then the Lord-General or Lady-General as he was called. Underneath him was the Duchess-General or Duke-General. The Government was running smoothly. There were no religious intolerances, and no racial intolerances; At least none that were spoken of.

For the first few years of my life, it was wonderful. My parents took off from their jobs in the navy and spent their time taking care of me. I don’t know much of my parents, nor do I know much about my early childhood.

The most I learned was from several officers who knew my parents. They fawned over the woman I had become from the baby girl that I was. I wish I could remember more. But unfortunately I can’t. There is something I can remember.

How blue and wonderful the sky was. I remember lying with my mother and father, sitting under a large tree, and staring at the sky and imagining what the clouds could be. It is the happiest memory I have.

I don’t have many happy memories. I wish I had more. But I remember how beautiful my mother was. I also remember my father. He would hold me, and I would lie on his chest. Sometimes I wonder how life would be different.

All I know is when I was Six. My life changed forever…

5 comments:

Skywalker said...

Welcome!

Unknown said...

Welcome, sorry Im late here. Long week.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hello Amelia. Good to see you.

Flik Sivrak said...

Interesting blog...

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Welcome to the blogsphere.

Hey, if you want to join Heroes United, email me at joninterglad@hotmail.com.