22.8.07

Entry 5: Concerning my first few years of schooling

As a military baby, you grow up with reveille. You know that every morning you’ll wake at 600 hours, and you’ll have to do pushups, run, and climb. For the first three hours of every morning, I was subjected to the most difficult physical training a little girl could go through.

Each day I became stronger, and faster. I enjoyed the shower after it was all done. It was regulation, ten minutes. Afterwards, I felt better. Then I went to class with Corporal Sarah. She taught me in depth and rigorously.

Soon, I advanced and I had to say goodbye to my mother figure. I moved onto the higher levels of education. Some people would argue that the things I had to learn were ridiculous, and by the time that I was 9, I could with a little help, fix a hyperspace engine.

There was also military training. They wanted to take Earth back. I didn’t think they could. When they said there was going to be an attack launched from the Moon Colonies, I figured they were insane. I told my old teacher, Corporal Sarah, she said I was a bright little girl, but I didn’t know what I was saying.

She did however present my request to the higher military officers. To be laughed at. At that point she yelled at me, and she told me to get away. I was nothing but trouble.

When they tried to take Earth, we lost 6,000 highly trained crack operatives. Corporal Sarah was promoted to Lieutenant, and they promoted me to Sergeant from Private.

It was a bittersweet promotion for me. I felt that I shouldn’t have received it for being right about a failure, especially one so drastic and harmful. With no newly appointed rank, I also had access to the loose network of computers.

I went onto the computer, and brought up the population count. Before the Xarax invaded there were 60 Billion People on Earth, In the Moon Colony, On the Space-Station, and On Mars. At that time the population had dropped to 60,000 people. With the loss of the Operatives it was a grim time for humanity now being at 54,000 people.

I was still young, but I was trained and I knew that Humanity was on the brink of extinction.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Humanity was on the brink of extinction."

Not doubt there.

Skywalker said...

People are droping like flies.

That happens around me too.

*cocky grin*

Master Adana said...

Don't let Obi Wan know that....

Amelia, that is more than a desastrous situation. How are they going to defeat them in order to save human kind?