19.9.07

Entry 11: Concerning Vengeance

It was out of pure goodness of her heart that one of the nurses who operated on me, Major Kamra, gave me a veil. She explained that a long time ago, the women of her culture had to wear them. She gave it to me, and taught me how to use it. Strapping it around my face, I was not yet done.

I checked myself out of the hospital, and I found out where I was. We were out of our Solar system. One an instillation in the next solar system over. They called it, “La Mancha.”

Using my new rank, I gained access to the computers. I activated them, and started doing my research. That’s where the true work of revenge is done. I found we had six outlying stations, and each one was building another.

That meant soon we would have twelve. But I needed to know where the Xarax swarms were. There was still one over Earth, the moon, and there was still one over Mars. Almost like they were multiplying before they would move on. We were too far away from Mars to launch a counterattack.

But we needed to defend the instillations. From the reports, these Xarax climbed into the cracks in the hull, and entered however they had to. This meant we needed a shield.

If I couldn’t attack these things, then I could propose something that could stop them from killing us.

I immediately headed for the Major-Commander of this vessel. I was taken without an appointment. His name was Major-Commander Xin-Yu Fay. I entered and I bowed to him, he smiled at me and clapped, “Sergeant Amelia Cartwright, I see you’re doing well, all things considered.”

I responded, “Not really, Major Commander. I am here to request a shielding system for our vessels.”

“We do not have that technology,” He responded.

“Yes we do. I was reading that on Earth there was a man who was working on making a system to shield earth from the meteor showers that were happening years ago. He was a civilian, but he never got too far: only able to make small scale shields.” He paused for a second before saying, “What are you suggesting?”

“That I take a ship back to Earth, find these plans, and come back.”

“What ship?”

“A Rim-Runner. Or, The Rim-Runner, I know its on this instillation.”

4 comments:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

SOunds like you're using your smarts, not just angrilly lashing out in vengeance.

Skywalker said...

I would have just strated killing. I have a temper. *shrugs*

Fluke Starbucker said...

Your trek might go better if you took the rum runner instead of the rim runner...

Ok, maybe not better, maybe just funner...

ok, maybe not better or funner, but maybe just... uh, well, rummer, I guess.

TX said...

Shielding tech is always a high priority