23.9.07

Entry 12: Concerning the Return trip to Earth

It was simple to get back to Earth on the Rim-Runner. The Rim-Runner was a ship, designed by some Technicians back on Earth; it was supposed to be a secret. I found it in my search. The Rim-Runner is a one of a kind ship.

Its whole purpose is to explore new worlds. It’s very tiny too. It normally can only hold three people. Anymore and it would slow it down and with the imbalance of fuel would inevitably cause it to crash or fall short.

We were exploring new ideas in space travel. The Rimrunner’s thrusters make it go faster then what we dubbed Hyperspeed after the old Sci-Fi shows on Earth. The only way it can do this is because it took the photon avoiding technology to a whole new level and designed it to use the photons to make it increase speed.

Normally this would be exponential, but the engines have a limit, that allow it to seemingly travel between the already ill defined vacuum of space. This makes the Rim-Runner possibly the fastest thing we have ever seen.

Traveling through our Solar System, we saw several swarms. Flying, but we also saw something we hadn’t previously. A larger one. It looked like a large Manta Ray.

We had wondered how they traveled through space, and now it was clear. It was this Manta Ray, She would open her mouth, and this burst of heat came from it, sending the little cicada bug xarax further into space. When she needed to recharged this, burst of heat, she used her giant wings to reflect the heat of the sun.

Riding alone and seeing this, I took pictures, and I documented the movements. Each swarm had one of these with it, and I dubbed her, Xarax Queen.

As the Rim-Runner came to a stop over Earth, I realized how thoroughly they had destroyed our meager holdings in the Galaxy. It made me wonder, if these Xarax existed, then wouldn’t there be other species out there?

Could they have destroyed us?

As I set course for London, England, the capital of the alliance. I felt very small and meek. I would be the only human on Earth. And in the Universe there were now only thousands of us.

How meager and small were we? Mice scraping for survival.

Now, I would avenge my fellows, by protecting them from their attackers.

5 comments:

Skywalker said...

Kick all their arses!

Unknown said...

The only human? Scarey thought.

Fluke Starbucker said...

Wow, I'm really, really impressed with that ship! It sounds faster than prunes through a goose and slicker than deer snot on a doorknob.

Do you have the name of the planet where it was manufactured?

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

That is a fast ship. Most impressive.

Shiara said...

:O at Fluke

not a picture I was wanting to see