30.8.07

Entry 7: Concerning the scars around my mouth.

The moon had been overrun with Xarax by the time I was twelve. It appeared they went into dormancy. But with the influx of people to the satellite around Mars, the Xarax came out of Dormancy and headed towards Mars.

Everyone was called to arms, including the trainees: during the briefing I was given a patrol of ten privates. Most of them older then me, and when they realized this, they were not happy. We grabbed our plasma weapons, and our guns, and we went out of the base to stand our ground.

The Pink skies of mars were turned black with the oncoming swarm, and I wouldn’t let them take me. I withdrew my plasma sword, and my gun. My troop did the same. We held our ground and as they came closer, we fired into them.

It was such a futile attempt. We had our weapons, and as the swarm fell upon us, we swung our plasma weapons batting them off of us.

It was so stupid, we were getting no-where, and I was going to lose my troops, and I wouldn’t do that. I yelled, “RETREA-“ and one of the bugs came into my mouth. It started crawling towards my throat.

The bug’s legs grasped my tongue, and held tightly, as it puffed up, there is a set of spines on Xarax that expand and become sharp and deadly. It started to crawl forward with intent to take over my body.

I reached into my mouth while running and spinning my plasma sword trying to protect my troops. I opened my jaw, and with that, the Xarax tried to scurry back faster, I grabbed it on its thorax and I pulled.

I knew it had to be taken out, and when I felt the spines on the insides of my lips, I pulled. I crushed it in my fingers, but it was too late, I only felt an intense burning on the lower parts of my face.

Blood poured out of the new wounds on my face, and I tried to run, but I couldn’t. I fell and one of the men in my troop grabbed me. The only feeling I had was the intense throbbing pain that engulfed my whole face.

I remember the med-bay, briefly, and then I remember being placed on a ship; the constant beeping of my heart monitor, the blood pack hanging giving me more life to keep my heart beeping.

I don’t remember surgery, nor do I remember where they were taking me… But the pain… That I remember, every throbbing second of it.

Was I going to die?

8 comments:

Skywalker said...

Ouch, that sounds mighty painful.

Unknown said...

OUCH OUCH OUCH!

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

And I thought it was from kissing a rabid kitten after eating some catnip.

I learned I was wrong.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Very gruesome.

It does give you some character, though.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It sounds worse than a visit to the dentist, Amelia.

November Rain said...

I am glad you didn't but it had to be painful

Black Widow said...

Damn, remind me to keep my mouth close if I am ever in your parts.. I guess telepathic abilities are really useful (or full face helmets)

Shiara said...

its a terrible thing when Nature turns evil

I will never eat bugs again