14.8.07

Entry 4: Concerning the secret military base on Mars and My first day of school.

Civilians on Earth didn’t know about the base. Only very few select people knew of it. It was code named: Star Trek. It wasn’t original of them. Several individuals had been selected from regular army.

The actual instillation’s name was Ithaca. It was one but in a long chain of secret instillations. Several of them had been built around planets, with little feedback to the Earth. They were self contained and didn’t need the supplies.

Ithaca was very similar to West-Point, and it was hidden beneath the rusty soil of Mars. It was the only place to train you for the rigors of long space travel. With the technology we had achieved our solar system could be transverse in a matter of hours instead of years.

But to travel across the galaxy, it would take a couple of years. Depending on where we were to go. But Ithaca could accept students of every age, and Major-Commander Bradford, was one of the few people who knew about Ithaca.

He took me there. Making sure I would be cared for before leaving to go and deal with the new recruits coming in on the moon to fight the Xarax. This left me, all alone. I’m sorry to say that being all alone became something normal for me.

School immediately started and Corporal Sarah Thompson became my new family. She was my teacher and my caretaker. There were no other people as young as me there, so she began to the process of teaching me.

The first day, I was quiet, and she noticed. She tried to get me to tell her my name. I wouldn’t speak. She asked me a thousand questions, and none of which I answered. The question I did answer however was, “What happened to your mommy and daddy?”

“They died saving me.”

She was horrified, and she stopped with the questions. She just brought me water and cookies. I ate the cookies, and that seemed to loosen my tongue. Of course, I do not remember all of this clearly to be honest.

Corporal Sarah Thompson related this story to me per my request recently. She hasn’t seen me recently, I wonder if she would recognize me. It’s hard for people to recognize me now.

However that story is for much later. What was important is that from the point Corporal Sarah got me the cookies, and I started talking to her, she became all that I would have. She was my teacher. And to some extent…

She was my mother…

9 comments:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

What I find interesting is that it seems like everyone has a secret base on Mars. How come you never bump into each other though?

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Also, if you want to join Heroes United, shoot me an email.

Unknown said...

I noticed that too. What is it about Mars?

Skywalker said...

No one likes Mars, you can't breathe on it. Why bother? Are the girls cute?

Master Obi-Wan said...

It is good you found someone to be family. No one should be completely alone.

Master Adana said...

Although I live among the other Jedi in the temple loneliness is my companion all too often.

Glad as well, that the Colonel is taking such good care of you. I would like to meet you some day.

Master Adana said...

Sorry, correction, I meant to say Corporal. Where is my mind these days.

Unknown said...

I want to be an explorer

Unknown said...

I want to be an explorer