16.9.07

Entry 10: Concerning what Jacob did when he saw my scars.

When his hand tugged gently down, and I released the blanket, he gasped at first. He stared, almost as if I was a freak of nature. His lip curled, and his eyes looked for anything to look at but the scars.

He finally settled on my lips. His eyes pleading to stop looking at them, his heart aching for him to speak to me, and his brain telling him to run. But he didn’t, he stared at me, mouth agape.

He reached out, hand unconsciously wanting to touch them. When he finger met the first scar I winced, it was still raw. He withdrew his hand, disgusted, but it went back to seeking. He stood, stared closely.

The tears crawling from my ducts trying to pour onto my face. He leaned up and kissed me, my greatest fear came alive. I didn’t feel anything. He withdrew. He looked at me, and I looked at him.

It was unspoken. He and I looking at each other: we both didn’t feel the feeling. I wanted to, oh I wanted to. But my lips were nerveless. I only felt the sharp pains that came with pressing against them.

He turned from me. With nothing more then a backwards glance and he left the room. It wasn’t something I knew at the time, but I never saw Jacob again. It was something that I had to expect.

The Xarax were to blame.

But at the moment, I blamed myself, and everything around me. I turned my bed over, and I grabbed the picture off the wall, and I threw it into the door, I jumped over the glass and pulled my mirror and medicine cabinet off of the wall, and I threw it into the wall.

When the nurse first arrived, I had just grabbed the largest shard of glass. I forget what my intentions were to do with that shard of glass, but when that nurse shoved me against the dresser, and the daisy fell in my lap, I laid there, on disheveled articles.

I sobbed. The nurse didn’t know what was going on, but out of decent humanity, she knelt down and said, “It’ll be okay honey, it may not seem like it now but he’s not worth the energy you are spending on him.”

I didn’t hear her. My life was ruined… And the Xarax were to blame.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man you poor thing...

"But my lips were nerveless. I only felt the sharp pains that came with pressing against them"



hey if you felt pain could it be that you can feel more later when it heals?


He is such a jerk

SHI said...

I feel for you
really

Black Widow said...

why are guys like that

Unknown said...

Oh how sad.

Skywalker said...

A real man would look passed that.

Shiara said...

I am with Skywalker
It isnt nice when people cant see beyond the physical being...

It is because of this I have always felt like I was ugly or a freak

Bill Johnson - Editor, TVChicken.com said...

Your writing flows really well, and you're very good at conveying emotion. I could feel Amelia's pain. I enjoyed this post.
You're a good writer.

Vince Briefs said...

i have no problem with scars. the only problem i have is with hS , and his water monster, is that My mother insists on calling him "Family" When he's nothing of the sort. An d i'm goping to something about that one day. But if you really want to attempt to scar me, well it wouldn't turn out well for you.

Bulma said...

sorry about Vincent , he's young and doesn't know anything about anything. I don't know what I'm gooing to do with him it's like he's picked up all mine , Vegeta's, Cabain's Bra's Andt Trunks' and Mirai's worst habits.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Hand the girl a tissue.